Day 8 People Of the Big River2017 Class





Sunday July 16th 2017



Arrival at the Wellpinit reservation powwow and stick game sheds was great; By absolute coincidence I met the local and famous artist Rick Sherwood, Rick had run out of gas and was curious about who Us Natives camping; It turns out he had done the colorful artwork placed sporatically around the grounds above the doorways and such. I got a good feeling from his welcome. It was good medicine to introduce myself to this area in a good way.

I would like to highlight a few things that are cool and essential to my health and academic career while here at Wellpinit. First, I think it was great that the Compass treasure hunt (Geocaching 202) was hosted by Pedro; I think use of the compass should be practiced a lot more and Pedro was good about explaining the many different uses of the compass and kept it simple and interesting.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog